Imagine being able to TOUCH and FEEL the history with your own hands! Have a glips look at historical monuments and architectural ruins, visit cities as if from a colorful postcard. Many of the historical monuments located in Georgian cities are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Guaranteed interesting journey for everyone! You will love it!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATIONЕ||Tbilisi, Our car will meet you at your hotel or apartment.|
|DEPARTURE TIME||10:00 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Evening 6 -8 PM ,depending on the tour|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
We organize car tours in Georgia individually or for a large companies and groups. We guarantee relaxed trip with delicious food and the best wines. You will also enjoy breathtaking views of the mountain valleys of Georgia which is full of history. Taking photos of ancient ruins ,caves and castles will make you feel amazing. We also have something to please lovers of beautiful nature and rich culture of Georgian people!
1 day Tbilisi and Mtskheta
- Kura and Aragvi is the ancient capital of Iveria. Georgian city first to adopt Christianity is Mtskheta, which also managed to be the capital of several kingdoms during its long history.
- For many centuries, Mtskheta has been a religious center, as evidence by the surviving architectural structures. After sightseeing and a lunch, we will head to Tbilisi, located 20 km from Mtskheta. A city with more then million people residing, very beautiful, especially its historical part.
- The capital of Georgia was ruined many times, devastated and set on fire, but this did not prevent the historical center from being preserved, where ancient temples, old houses, and the ruins of the ancient Persian fortress Narikala is located, which was the victim of an earthquake that happened in 1827. But why do tourists go to these ruins? They offer beautiful views of the Kura Valley and the city. Also, we will visit the fair-exhibition of handicrafts and antiques.
2 day Kakheti and Sighnaghi: We are going to Signaghi!
- Akheti amazes tourists with its magnificent landscapes, its wine-making traditions and ancient shrines, among which the David-Gareja monastery complex is the most important, which is a key attraction not only in Kakheti, but also in Georgia as a whole. This is a cave complex consisting of 20 monasteries that were founded in the 6th century.
- After lunch, we will head to Sighnaghi to visit Bodbe Monastery, where every believer can plunge into the holy spring. If you are an atheist, then there will be amusement for you: you can “butter up your eyes” with the monastery flower gardens and just admire the Alazani Valley.
Day 3 Orthodox Kakheti
- On the third day of our tour we will continue to get amazed with the Kakheti shrines. We will visit the monastery and St. George’s Cathedral. These objects are called Alaverdi in a different way, and they are located in the Akhmeta district. By the way, the Alaverdi monastery is planned to be included in the list of cultural heritage sites.
- Next we will visit the city of Kvareli, in which the house of Ilya Chavchavadze is located. It is noteworthy that the Kindzmarauli wine hails from here. The third day will end with a visit to the capital of Kakheti, the city of Telavi.
Day 4 Kutaisi and Motsameta
- The main attraction of Kutaisi is the Bagrat temple, which is called both the castle and the cathedral. For almost three hundred years it stood ruined, but worship was conducted on its ruins all this time, in 1952 restoration work began, and in 2001 the restored and transferred to the Georgian Church.
- Next, we will visit the Gelati Monastery, and after lunch we will go to the Motsameta Monastery, located next to Gelati. They are separated by a small mountain and canyon.
Day 5 Vardzia and the Rabat Fortress in Akhaltsikhe
- Vardzia is a cave monastery town, which in the 13th century experienced a strong earthquake, after which it lost the functions of a military strategic facility. Vardzia was partially restored, and services were even held here. At the moment, the monastery is functioning, although the number of novices is limited.
- We will also visit the Akhaltsikhe fortress – Rabat, which is the hallmark of the city of Akhaltsikhe. There is a museum on the territory of the fortress!